Thursday, April 27, 2006

Two corners

The front porch is done, and of course, we asked why we hadn't painted it earlier. Well, that's because we had to do Peter's room, the office, the bathroom, the back porch, and the kitchen cupboards (since we moved in last February), and our bedroom, the playroom, the living room, and the kitchen in the month between closing and move-in. Ron, Peter, and I played with the Sico color chips last night and picked out these new colors for the hall and staircase.

The porch is done!

You might be thinking that the red Moroccan rug (well, klim actually) is an unusual choice to go with the vintage-y quilt, chair, and everything else. It is. That's my life. I got the klim during my first Moroccan fieldwork in 1998.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it may be unusual- but i love it. i love the color juxtaposition and the way it tells a story about your life!

Anna said...

COZY!!!!!! Love the quilt and the color of the room.

Robin said...

I really like the deep red with the lighter blue (?) walls. Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments! Your blog is fantastic! I have an undergraduate degree in cultural anth (also psych, which is my current focus in grad school) and also have some mysterious family ties to NB. I will keep reading!

Anonymous said...

All of your painting looks very good. I really like the color of your porch area. I just read your ABOUT and found that you are Anthropology minded. I majored in Historical Anthropology at UVA. I've never "met" anyone else who did after I graduated. I, of course, did absolutely nothing with the field, but I am still interested. 8-)

patricia said...

Thanks for the kind comments! Robin and Angela, you two are fine examples of what I love about anthropology. That is too cool.