Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Green, green, green

Peter's new room 2, April 2006
We painted Peter's room right after his first birthday. I like the color: it's calming, and soft, and reminds me of the color of tree leaves with sunlight streaming down through them. We added a soft (made in Canada, artificial fibre) straw-colored rug for playing and reading on. At some point, I'll replace the quilt (this one was made by my grandmother many, many years ago) with one that can take more frequent washings.
Peter's new room, April 2006
The gingham one folded over the rocking chair was made by Grammy too, especially for Peter. It has hand-stitched heart appliques, and is entirely hand-quilted in a circles and stripes pattern. She's 88 now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and calming. I like a green room. My little ones' room is green as well.