Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Little projects

quilt and chair

On the way home for lunch today, I looked through the window at the Sally-Ann's linen rack and saw these two quilts. Both are machine sewn and hand-quilted, about 6 stiches per inch. The lavender one is all cotton; the log cabin is a mix, and needs a bit of repairs. (There was an article on this in MSL August 2005. Basically, cut a block, fold and iron a hem all round. Back with quilt batting. Invisible stitch in place, over the existing tattered block.) In any case, the colors are charming: soft greens and blues with punches of black, red, and orange. Great for Peter's new room. They were $3.99 each.

log cabin quilt and crib

Can you tell, by the way, that I've started painting the front porch? It was yesterday's little project: I got most of it done during Peter's unexpected afternoon nap. If you look closely, you can see where I stopped painting in the upper corner of the clapboard. Little baby woke up.

2 comments:

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Patricia...I LOVE that color and I just can't believe the bargain on those beautiful quilts!! You've got an EXCELLENT eye for all things pretty!

Anonymous said...

I commented on the quilt at FLICKR I think, but I just read your post on! $3.99! WHAT a deal. OH those sorts of finds make me so happy. They are both really pretty.