Thursday, April 27, 2006

Me-me!

Tom sent me this. I have the timer on 5 minutes. Here goes:
1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES? blue and white, several different patterns
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Last Child in the Woods, Market Day in Provence, Imagined Diasporas.
3. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I have touchpads instead of mice.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? Carcasson or Scrabble. I don't really like board games.
5. LEAST FAVOURITE SMELLS? Dirty diaper when I'm tired and don't really want to change another one.
6. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? What time is it?
7. FAVOURITE COLOUR: Green.
8. LEAST FAVOURITE COLOUR: Black, either despite or because I used to wear a lot of it.
9. HOW MANY RINGS UNTIL YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? At the office, first ring, even when I'm working. I can't stand a ringing phone. At home, often several because I don't generally have a phone next to me.
10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Won't go there.
11. YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? Good vanilla.
12. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? No.
13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? No.
14. DO YOU LIKE THUNDERSTORMS? Yes.
15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Mazda Protege 1997, which we still drive.
16. WHAT IS YOUR SIGN? Virgo, but think that horoscopes are more opportunities for psychoanalysis than prediction. I won't go on about that because of said timer.
17. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes, but I hate broccoli.
18. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE? Current job, with tenure.
19. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I like my hair, even the gray.
20. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? Half full, definitely.
21. FAVOURITE MOVIES? The Last Night (Don McKellar), What Dreams May Come (sorry, I don't have time to look up the director -- the one starring Robin Williams).
22. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes. I used typing-lesson software back in the days on 1200kbps dial-up.
23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? A folded blanked, I think.
24. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER? Huh?
25. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Oh dear. Football, but only with Ron, definitely.
26. YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST INTENSE PAIN? Childbirth.
27. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD? Both.
28. HAMBURGER OR HOT DOG? Rarely.
29. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON? Whichever one it is. I'm very Zen.
30. THE BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN? Hmmm. Maybe hanging out in Tarifa with Ron during a fieldwork break. Or hanging out in Tarragona or Barcelona with Ron. Both were vacations during stressful times, and we didn't have a lot of money.
31. WHAT SCREEN SAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW? Family pictures.
32. FAVOURITE FAST FOOD? Hamburger Happy Meal with a milk and cookies instead of a toy.
33. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF MUSIC? Classical, always.
34. FAVOURITE REALITY SHOW? I can't bear to watch reality shows. I used to like La Course du Monde in the 1990s. Maybe the wrong name? Made in Quebec, 30 contestants were sent around the world with video cameras and sent in short documentaries.

11 minutes. Oh well.

No comments: