Wednesday, April 19, 2006

(Home) office windowsill


office windowsill
Originally uploaded by run lily.
I hesitate to call this an altar, but it is a little corner of the house that holds things that help me to pause and refocus. I like that they're all pretty close to nature, and simple forms. The stone vase was made by a Nova Scotia craftsperson; it's about 5 inches high, and often holds a few flowers in the summer, but only wildish ones, often a leaf or two. We bought it in the cafe/shop at Corn Hill Nursery on a beautiful day that we spent picking out plants for our new-old house. The square box is from Essaouira (Morocco) where I did my first fieldwork in 1998. And the tall vase with the leaf and flower imprint was a gift from one of my first honours students; it's made from local clay.
My office-office is cosy too. I'll have to post about it someday.

No comments: