Thursday, March 09, 2006

Peter's baby room


Peter's baby room
Originally uploaded by run lily.
I think we're going to paint it soon, and wanted to remember the way it was when he was a little mouse. The wall color is a left-over from previous owners, who had paired it with a Southwest-style (1980ish) border. One of dh's drama students did the polka-dot border above the moulding. Sadly, that will go. It reminds me of boiled eggs, which I especially loved when I was pregnant and seemed to be the only thing that kept my stomach settled. I've already taken down the sheer cotton curtains that mum and I had embellished with gingham tape (purple, green, yellow) that matches the animal border that we used to hide the mess where we removed the old one. I had been planning to leave the room as is, waiting for another little stranger, but I think it's time for a change.

No comments: