Saturday, March 18, 2006

Crystal Palace locomotive, Peter's first birthday

Ron and I managed to (mostly) take the day off yesterday -- me from writing, him from festival planning. I had planned a busy day, but decided Thursday night that I just couldn't do it. Tariq Ali can wait, and so can my article.

We went for a lovely walk in the morning, and then after a brief stop at the university to hug and kiss Allison and Darlene at the social science faculty office, we went to the amusement park, with a stop at Frenchy's to look for rug wool and assorted things. I picked up a hat that looked to be the right size and put it on Peter's head. He said, "Hat," with a nice H and even a T at the end. He's done that a few times since. We took a nursing break on a bench at Chapter's, and Peter seemed to be such a big boy. Another woman was nursing a very young baby, and suddenly Peter was the big toddler, walking over to stand and look at the little one. We went on all the little kid rides at Crystal Palace, and then back home in the evening, Peter decided that he was going to show us all his tricks and took off the lovely fish shirt he was wearing. I made another birthday cake (hot milk sponge cake from Joy of Cooking turned into a jelly roll with whipped cream and melted chocolate folded in). I can't believe he's one.
Blowing out candles on Peter's second first birthday cake

1 comment:

beki said...

Happy Birthday to your little one! They grow up so fast, don't they?