Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Half an hour's work


After pulling my hair out for most of the day, I took a break, made oatmeal scones (with chocolate chips instead of raisins) from Joy of Cooking, and we had them for a snack with strawberries and whipped cream. (Actually, Ron did much of the cooking while I directed from the sofa where I was nursing Peter.) After the break I went back to work and pounded out enough in the next half hour to feel that I had actually put in a good day's work. The rhythm of writing still surprises me sometimes.

At 5 Ron went off to a meeting, and Peter and I started some evening projects. I took the bi-fold door off his closet (it needs to be replaced with a proper panel door) and installed a curtain rod and curtains there instead. It's soft and sweet, and gives him a place to hide since the lowest shelf is about 30" off the ground. When I had the shelves installed, I wanted the lowest one high enough to leave room for tall packages of diapers. I'm still plotting to get the room painted sometime soon. Sunday is Peter's family birthday party, but Saturday seems free. Maybe then.

No comments: