Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Kisses, puppy kisses, and funny noises

I have to blog this before it changes, or before I forget. We kiss Peter all the time, on the cheek (both cheeks, when it's me) or on his tummy and so on. He laughs like a nut, so we do it a lot. Since Peter was about three months old, I've been putting my cheek to his mouth, after I kiss him, so that he can kiss me back. He does.

It began with him opening his mouth against our cheeks and making random funny noises: ghghghgh, aaahhhhhh, oooohhhhhh, and so on. One day last week, he tried licking Ron on the cheek a few times. Today, he started grabbing my head and pulling my cheek tight against his mouth and saying (really loudly) "awhhhhhhhhhh". I wonder when he'll hit the right combination, and when he does, if he'll know right away that it's the right one. In the meantime, it's hilarious.

No comments: