Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Six months and a bit

Peter was six months old last week. It's hard to believe that it's been that long, and no longer than that at the same time. I wonder if he'll know when he's grown up how many times each day Ron and I said, "What a great kid."

I think Peter said "hi" on the phone tonight to Ron. He's been saying haaaa for a while, and mama for the past week, but until now it hasn't seemed to have any symbolic content. This evening, while I held the phone up to his ear, he looked at the phone, and said hhhiiii two or three times at the phone, then looked at me and smiled.

He's also creeping backwards very effectively (far and fast), and rocking on his knees. He seems frustrated at not being able to move forward.

And he's been eating baby cereal since Labor Day. Rice, oatmeal, and barley. He's a neat eater, surprisingly.

Gotta go. Baby Peter's up.

No comments: