Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tuesday

So, the other things - I used to read a lot when I was younger - I always took a book to bed with me. Cynthia, my sister, got me turned onto Hardy Boys when I was about 10 and I think I read pretty constantly from then until sometime on my twenties. I'm not sure why, but I find it really hard to get engaged in a book nowadays. I do read occasionally - probably about four or five books a year. But I really feel like I should do more. When I get engaged, it's really great, and I want to keep doing it - and there are so many wonderful things you can get from reading books.

I've just realized a sort of running theme with the reading and the writing and also even my football watching this fall - for the first time I've found that I'm not really feeling all that engaged in the games either. They seem to go by so fast - and there so seldom seems to be real drama in them.

Finally, I wrote below (I thought it was above, but then I looked at the blog) that I want to become more socially aware/active. I'm not sure where this is going to lead, or exactly what form it's going to take. We spent a few weeks this fall trying to see if we could "buy nothing" except for food and absolute necessities. I spent about 25 cents in two weeks (I bought a gum at the Save Easy). But it got kind of boring after a while, so we stopped. But there are better ways to live for our environment/for other people/for our own family's health. It's hard not to be so caught up in the pace of day to day life that we don't consider these things. I'll try to make that one of the functions of the blog - to explore how to move forward to make things better.

That's it for now - we're off to see a play (Cabaret) which should be fun. I'll tell you how it was tomorrow.

Oh yes - the strange typos in yesterday's blog where caused by typing it in Word then pasting it in - I'll try to avoid doing that.

No comments: