Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Little More Than a Week Later . . .

I was right - I won't be posting as much. I think of it fairly frequently, but often get sidetracked. I think it's one of my biggest strengths and weaknesses - divergent thinking. It allows me to sometimes see things in a very creative/original way, but it also sometime makes me completely lose track of what I'm doing or where I think I'm going.

I wanted to comment a little bit on my "5 priorities" to borrow from Stephen Harper (I'm not a fan really, I just like that particular idea) and briefly update on us. Sorry, still no photos - I don't want to spend a lot of time on this tonight - but I'll try for soon!!

My "priorities" are as above, plus reading and trying to think/be more socially aware/active.

Gym has to do with gaining some weight and getting older (both of which I think I can reverse slightly) as well as feeling much better when I do it and realizing I need to take care of my health (I maybe should have included flossing - I'm almost perfect at that!!). One of my best friends died this past summer (Philip Iverson) - and it's very sad, and sobering. I'm still trying to process it I think. But I’m having trouble going – it’s hard to fit it into the day, and I have many busy evenings (with play stuff) so I try not to fill them up with other things. But I’ll keep trying.

Guitar I’m enjoying a fair bit. This is the third time I’ve tried to learn. I think I need to start a band or something – I find practicing very hard. If I was going to have to perform in front of someone – or if I had a partner. I’m seriously thinking about it.

Blogging I think I'm doing okay at - one a week. Partly what I like about it is I enjoy creative writing, but I find that when I do it lately I'm trapped by form. I think it's from having done so much theatre directing and having come to see so much of art through the director's lense - which has a lot to do with form/structure. It used to be that when I wrote a fictional story, I'd get carried away with the story and it would just sort of flow out of my head. Now I find myself thinking about plot and character and exposition and all sorts of other things that kind of bind my brain. I wrote some poetry last year which was fun, but it almost seems too easy. I enjoyed writing the first few, then I felt like I could keep spewing them out with no end in sight – and less and less connection to anything really inside me. Maybe I just needed to get those first few out then the pressure was gone. Maybe I’ll post one someday.

Okay, I’ve got to go now – I’m going to go have a drink of Whiskey that Peter bought me for my birthday. I’ll finish the other points next time. We’re all well, if a little tired as usual – Peter is really really cute and smart and developing like crazy.

More soon!!
Ron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you bloghead !!