Friday, June 09, 2006

almost done


almost done
Originally uploaded by run lily.
Still to do (lovely painter, not me, thank heavens): Second coat of main color. Replace lattice under porch. Take brick off roof.
Still to do (me): This year, just wait for plants to grow. I planted old roses in the back bed (on the right) though they're not really visible here. This year, I planted two climbers against the porch, and put the wires up yesterday. The urn has lavender, mints, and sweetpeas, and that's lady's mantle, artemisia, more lavender, some irises, pansies and violas in the front bed. There are also two roses waiting to be planted, and I'm thinking of putting them in front, on the far right (not visible here) next to the neighbor's driveway.

3 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

so nice.
is lavender perrenial? thats is something i would love to grow. how does it fair?

the anthropologist said...

No wonder I've been away from the blogs for so long. I had forgotten how homesick it made me feel. Talk about weepy.

vintagechica said...

Oh, I love red doors! Just found your blog and so glad to see such wonderful posts. Off to read more!